Monday, December 6, 2010

Classroom Management 2

To give a specific example of how I would use classroom management I will address the issue of a student using a cell phone in class.  My immediate response to this situation would be to go over and stand by the student while I continue to speak to entire class.  Many times my mere presence and will alleviate the problem.  Although if a student was continuing to use the cell phone throughout class I would then pose a question to the class to begin group discussions so I could go ask the student if there was an emergency situation that required him/her to step out of the classroom to make a phone call.  If they did not have an emergency I would inform him/her that phones can not be used inside the classroom for any reason as it causes a disruption of participation.  My long term plan would also be to analyze the material I am discussing in class to gauge whether or not the material is within this student's ZPD.  This will help to determine if the student is bored or frustrated with class content.  I will also analyze my content with regards to this student's background to determine if the concrete-abstract representations of the subject material I am giving, fit into this student's schema. Since this student seems to be motivated by social interaction I will also make sure I am having the students work with each other whenever possible and appropriate, to help bridge some of the learning gaps with peer to peer language and interactions.   

No comments:

Post a Comment